Grant funding round is now *CLOSED*
Our grant round for funding beginning in January 2020 is now CLOSED. The deadline for Expression of Interest applications was 7th May 2019.
The next funding round will launch in Spring 2021.
Please see the details below for more information and a guide to key dates. Also our page ‘application forms and relevant documents’.
The Trust has a specific focus on early interventions. The principal aim of the PLCT is:
“To increase the number of babies and toddlers (aged conception to 3 years of age) in Gloucestershire who experience, loving, nurturing and harm-free childhoods.”
Not only will this improve the immediate experiences of childhood and parenthood, it will also provide these children with a secure emotional and social foundation for the rest of their lives and will reduce the likelihood of those later aggressive, harmful and self-destructive behaviours that result from damaging experiences in infancy.
It is intended that PLCT funded programmes will promote secure attachment between babies and their primary care givers.
- Beneficiaries must live in Gloucestershire
- Principal beneficiaries are to be babies – conception to 3 years of age and their care givers
- Activities to be provided to babies and families where significant risk factors are present (see Risk Factors Checklist)
- Applicants need to provide evidence of need for their proposed activities
- Applicants need to demonstrate that their proposed activities have a strong evidence-base
- Applicants need to have rigorous processes in place to evaluate their activities
- Applicants will need to demonstrate how they will engage with key partners inc. families and other service providers, e.g. children’s centres and other community organisations
- Funding will not be provided to plug gaps in funding for statutory services
The PLCT is mindful that certain areas of the county are often overlooked for funding and would particularly encourage applications for services to be delivered in the Forest of Dean, the North Cotswolds and the Vale of Berkeley (inc. Cam and Dursley).
Successful grant applicants may be required by the PLCT to work with its partners, including academic institutions, in order to carry out evaluations of its funded activities.
Grants will be awarded for up to four years in the first instance, dependent on successful completion of quarterly monitoring returns and visits. Extension beyond four years may be considered and will be reviewed in the fourth year of the grant.
Grants will be for between £15,000 and £40,000 per annum.
Grant installments are released on a quarterly basis.
- 29th March 2019 – grant launch
- 7th May 2019 – deadline for submission of ‘Expression of Interest’ application form (stage 1)
- 31st May 2019 – applicants informed of short-listing results. Selected applicants invited to submit ‘Full Application’ (stage 2)
- 16th July 2019 – deadline for submission of ‘Full Application’
- July/August 2019 – application assessment including meetings and site visits to shortlisted applicants
- September 2019 – Board of Trustees meet to make final grant round decision
- September 2019 – applicants informed of final grant round decision
- Grant release preparation, including follow-up meetings
- December 2019 – initial grant payment released
- 1st January 2020 – new grant supported programmes start